Livingstone advises Northwestern Memorial HealthCare on divestiture
Livingstone is pleased to announce the completion of a transaction for Northwestern Memorial HealthCare’s (“NMHC”) divestiture of its home health and hospice business (the “Company”) to JourneyCare (“JourneyCare”), Illinois’ largest nonprofit community-based hospice and palliative provider. Livingstone was the exclusive financial advisor to NMHC.
NMHC is the corporate parent for the Northwestern Medicine health system, which operates across 200 different sites and 10 hospitals, including Chicago’s 894-bed academic medical center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The Company, comprised of five licensed and Medicare-certified home health and hospice agencies, serves nearly 6,000 patients annually across the broader Chicago metropolitan area.
JourneyCare provides adult and pediatric palliative and hospice care, in addition to house call and chronic care management services. The acquisition allows JourneyCare to expand its service offerings into the growing home health space.
“We are excited to have partnered with NMHC on this important transaction,” said Jim Moskal, Healthcare Partner at Livingstone. “This marks our 8th home health transaction, and we expect continued activity in the sector as reimbursement pressures and value-based care initiatives continue to drive consolidation amongst home health and hospice agencies.”
The NMHC divestiture marks Livingstone’s 20th healthcare transaction since 2017, including the recent sales of Integrated Rehab Consultants, Total Spectrum, P3 Dental, Synergy HomeCare, and Agility Health.
See additional healthcare transactions
- Publications2019 Global Healthcare ReportThe Livingstone Global Healthcare Report provides insights into the trends and activities driving the active healthcare sector worldwide.
- In The PressHome health agency owners choosing cash over legacyJim Moskal, global head of the health care practice at Livingstone, recently spoke with Home Health Care News about the various reasons many owners may be looking to sell their business. “A major life event may be the catalyst that makes an owner decide to sell, but this shouldn’t put home care or...
- In The PressJim Moskal Quoted in Home Health Care NewsLivingstone Partner Jim Moskal provides insight on the impact of Pre-Claim Review demonstration on home healthcare deals. Read more.
- In The PressJim Moskal discusses home care consolidation with Home Health Care NewsJim Moskal discusses the recent Family Resource Home Care and Family Home Care merger and what it means for home health.
- In The PressHigh valuations in home health the new normalThe home health sector has faced a few hurdles since the beginning of 2017. Publicly announced home health M&A activity proved lackluster in the first and second quarter of the year, as the industry continues to reel from regulation overload from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)....