Livingstone is seeking an experienced Sr. Associate to join its rapidly growing Special Situations (Restructuring) practice in Chicago.
The Livingstone Special Situations Practice (“LSSP”), with dedicated professionals in Chicago, Düsseldorf and London, has extensive experience advising middle-market companies during periods of underperformance, distress and insolvency.
LSSP helps clients solve problems in challenging, time-sensitive environments, through senior-level attention, to ensure all strategic alternatives are evaluated quickly. LSSP then develops tailored solutions for clients and their key constituencies in order to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
This opportunity involves interacting closely with the firm’s senior bankers and clients’ senior executives. Our mid-level bankers are heavily involved in every aspect of an investment banking transaction including, but not limited to, evaluating transaction alternatives, pitch preparation, financial modeling, document drafting, interacting directly with all deal constituents (lenders, buyers, creditors, lawyers, etc.) and comprehensive deal execution. In addition, bankers are expected to contribute to the development of junior bankers and support new business development efforts.
The LSSP offers a unique opportunity to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of special situations, financial advisory, and investment banking products, and industries. These services include:
- Providing distressed M&A advisory services
- Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court and Chapter 11 restructurings
- Raising debt and equity financing
- Participating in complex balance sheet restructurings and negotiations on behalf of our clients
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Working directly with client senior management teams, board members and stakeholders throughout all phases of a distressed capital markets transaction
- Performing strategic alternative assessments, financial analyses, complex financial modeling and valuations
- Performing company, industry, market and competitor research, and due diligence
- Preparing pitch materials, client deliverables, confidential information memoranda, and management presentations
- Identifying potential restructuring targets and participating in new business meetings
- Supporting senior bankers and managing junior bankers during transaction execution
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of four (4) to eight (8) years of experience in special situations investment banking, restructuring advisory, bankruptcy law, distressed debt/credit analysis or distressed principal investing
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A critical thinker who can quickly evaluate and analyze complex transaction alternatives
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, as well as strong writing and communication skills
- Fluent in accounting and finance with strong business acumen
- Prior experience and understanding of the chapter 11 bankruptcy process and other distressed transactions including UCC article 9 sales, assignments for the benefit of creditors, etc. is preferred but not required
- A successful candidate will be an assertive, motivated self-starter with the desire and potential to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- MBA from top-tier program preferred. Not required for candidates with exceptional outstanding academic record and professional experience
- Candidates should be top rated performers in their current role with an established track record of exceptional prior reviews
For consideration, submit your resume to Elena Villa at email@example.com with “Special Situations Sr. Associate” in the subject line.