Livingstone is seeking an experienced Analyst to join its rapidly growing Special Situations (Restructuring) practice in Düsseldorf, Germany. The Livingstone Special Situations Practice (LSSP) has dedicated professionals in Chicago, Düsseldorf and London, and boasts extensive experience advising middle-market companies during periods of underperformance, distress and insolvency.
LSSP helps clients solve problems in challenging, time-sensitive environments, through senior-level attention, to ensure all strategic alternatives are evaluated quickly. LSSP then develops tailored solutions for clients and their key constituencies in order to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
This opportunity involves interacting closely with the firm’s senior bankers and clients’ senior executives. Our mid-level bankers are heavily involved in every aspect of an investment banking transaction including, but not limited to, evaluating transaction alternatives, pitch preparation, financial modeling, document drafting, interacting directly with all deal constituents (lenders, buyers, creditors, lawyers, etc.) and comprehensive deal execution.
In addition, bankers are expected to contribute to the development of junior bankers and support new business development efforts. The LSSP offers a unique opportunity to work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of special situations, financial advisory, and investment banking products, and industries. These services include:
- Providing distressed M&A advisory services
- Raising debt and equity financing
- Participating in complex balance sheet restructurings and negotiations on behalf of our clients
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Working directly with client senior management teams, board members and stakeholders throughout all phases of a distressed capital markets transaction
- Performing strategic alternative assessments, financial analyses, complex financial modeling and valuations
- Performing company, industry, market and competitor research, and due diligence
- Preparing pitch materials, client deliverables, confidential information memoranda, and management presentations
- Identifying potential restructuring targets and participating in new business meetings
- Supporting senior bankers and managing junior bankers during transaction execution
- Master’s degree in economics, industrial engineering or related areas completed with above-average results, also with relevant additional legal qualifications
- First professional experience in the M&A environment or restructuring advice is an advantage
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in questions of company analysis as well as special legal issues for companies in special situations
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills paired with strong team orientation and communication skills
- Convincing demeanor and negotiating skills combined with high integrity
- In addition to the German language, fluent in business-English skills
For consideration, submit your resume to Agnes Winkleman at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Analyst Bereich – Distressed M&A” in the subject line.