Andy co-leads Livingstone’s Business & Technology Services practice, which helps clients develop, evaluate, and execute M&A, refinancing, and restructuring transactions across a variety of end markets.
He has 20 years of transaction and financial advisory experience, including cross-border sell-side and buy-side M&A, equity and debt capital raising, and special situations (§363 sales, article 9 sales and state receiverships). He has advised and transacted with global strategics, leading private equity firms, venture capital firms, family offices, and founder / family-owned / entrepreneur-led businesses.
Andy’s comprehensive sector coverage includes software, security, information, distribution, and tech-enabled services. He has had dealings with many of the leading strategic buyers in these sectors and maintains personal relationships with leading middle-market financial investors. Additionally, Andy has advised clients in the consumer, healthcare, and industrial sectors.
Prior to Livingstone, Andy was a Tax Manager at KPMG, where he spent five years advising on tax compliance and issues related to U.S. and international equity and debt investments. He is a Certified Public Accountant.
Andy has been quoted in M&A publications, including MergerMarket and The Deal Magazine. He has also been a guest speaker at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, and various panels discussing M&A topics.
Andy also sits on the board for the non-profit organization Imagination Theater, which provides diverse audiences with original, dynamic, participatory theatrical programming that enhances well-being and creates a more civil, safe society.
Andy lives in the Roscoe Village neighborhood of Chicago with his wife, two sons, daughter, and dog. He is originally from Rochester, NY.
- MBA, University of Chicago
- MS and BBA, University of Notre Dame
has been sold to
Sponsor-Backed Strategic Buyer
has been sold to
has been sold to
has completed a transaction with
An Undisclosed Counterparty
has received a growth equity investment led by
Entercoms’ Supply Chain Technology business unit
Supply Chain Technology business unit has been acquired by
Rumchata & Midwest Custom Bottling Company
has been acquired by
E&J Gallo Winery
Motion & Control Enterprises, a portfolio company of Frontenac
has raised acquisition financing from
- NewsLivingstone advises PubRec on its merger with PeopleConnectLivingstone is pleased to announce the merger of PubRec, LLC (“PubRec”) and PeopleConnect Holdings, Inc. (“PeopleConnect”), a portfolio company of H.I.G. Capital, LLC. Livingstone acted as the financial advisor to PubRec. The transaction closed in January 2020. PubRec, headquartered in San Diego,...
- BlogThere Is Opportunity, Despite a Depressed M&A Market in the First Half of 2020Download the pdf. In this edition of our market update, we broaden the scope of our typical analysis to include the M&A market as a whole. The result is a conclusion that will sound familiar to our previous article, total deal value and company valuations are down on a reduced number of...
- NewsLivingstone closed two deals for DirectedLivingstone is pleased to announce that it has closed two sales for Directed, LLC (“Directed” or “Company”). Livingstone acted as the financial advisor to Directed for both transactions. Livingstone was engaged in mid-March to conduct an expedited sale process for Directed. Amid the unprecedented...
- NewsLivingstone advises Cummins-Allison on sale to Crane Co.Cummins-Allison, a leading innovator and provider of check, currency and coin handling solutions, as well as full-function ATMs, has been sold to Crane Co.