Livingstone is a mid-market M&A and Debt Advisory investment bank with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Chicago, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Stockholm and Valencia. In total, Livingstone employs about 100 investment banking professionals.
The team in Amsterdam is largely a group of former colleagues who started their own M&A boutique under the Livingstone banner in 2021. The team is growing and currently consists of 7 people.
About the job
As an Associate at Livingstone you will be involved in our ongoing deals and projects from day one where you will have the opportunity to participate in all processes of a deal cycle. You will participate in assisting with the purchase and sale of companies, management buyouts, company valuations and arranging financing. In addition, you will support the execution of market and sector studies and will participate in pitch/proposal processes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to absorb new technical information and develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions across different sectors.
Key responsibilities of the Associate position include:
- Preparing confidential information memoranda and management presentations
- Performing financial analyses and valuations
- Conducting industry research
- Identifying and contacting potential buyers or acquisition targets
- Interacting with senior bankers and clients’ senior executives
- Participating in new business meetings
- Supporting senior bankers during transaction negotiations
- Facilitating due diligence and transaction closings
We are interested in individuals who possess strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated outstanding academic and work achievements.
Other specific qualifications and requirements include:
- 2-6 years of M&A, capital raising, investment banking, accounting or other relevant experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Assertive, self-motivated and desire to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a rigorous, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- A positive attitude and you are eager to learn how to do deals and grow as a professional
- Robust analytical, research, quantitative skills
- Strong accounting acumen: financial modeling experience is required
- Interested in working with your colleagues in a high performance team
These requirements provide a direction of the profile we are looking for this position. Research shows that mainly male candidates already apply at a 60% match and women at a 100% match. Do you not meet all the requirements but do you think this is the position for you? Then we invite you to apply.
You can send your resume to Bas Huijsmans: email@example.com.