Understanding the impact of Covid-19 on the metal sector
Recording & resources
Livingstone hosted a webinar July 9, 2020 featuring business owners in the metal sector frankly discussing the toughest challenges they’ve navigated during the Covid-19 pandemic, the changes they’ve made to their businesses, and what they foresee for the future.
Mike Jenny, Partner, hosted the 30 minute webinar. Panelists included:
- Gabe Hudock, CEO & President of Alumisource, a technology-focused aluminum processor. They buy dirty scrap aluminum and work with some of the largest aluminum consumers in North America to provide furnace ready material. Alumisource products have significant benefits in terms of blending and melting efficiency while also providing cost savings to mills relative to RSI and prime.
- Adam Mervis, CEO of Mervis Industries, a scrap recycling business offering a myriad of services, including customized processing, tolling, and railcar dismantling.
- Andrew Nichols, CEO of Elmet Technologies, the only US-owned and operated fully-integrated tungsten and molybdenum manufacturer.
- Marc Schupan, CEO & President of Schupan & Sons, a non-ferrous industrial scrap processor, metals and plastics broker, aluminum distributor & manufacturer, with aluminum melting facilities.
View the webinar and additional resources below.
- BlogTesting Metal’s Mettle: Business Leaders Discuss Covid-19 & BeyondThe impact of Covid-19 has been felt across all borders and industries. The commodity-cycle driven metals market, which had already grappled with the effects of the metals tariffs, was roiled by the global shutdowns. Still, business owners immediately pivoted to survival mode,...
- In The PressSorting the scrap metal industry one load at a timeThe U.S. has historically been the world’s largest producer and exporter of scrap metal as its domestic consumer economy and manufacturing base ensure there is a constant flow of scrap metal inventory for recyclers to process. In prior years, the United States exported nearly one-third of its...