Rutab has been acquired by Addtech

  • Mar 2013
  • Industrial
  • M&A: Sell-Side
  • Sweden

Livingstone has acted as adviser to Tapper Group AB and Nordstjernan Industriutveckling AB on the sale of Rutab AB to Addtech Enerby, a business area within the Addtech Group.

Rutab is a supplier of electro technical material and components for automation engineering, focused on cable glands, grommets, flexible conduits and machine cable. Rutab represents world-leading suppliers within its product areas and have a leading position on the Swedish market within its customer- and product segments. Rutab has 40 employees and revenues of approximately SEK 150m.

Livingstone has assisted Rutab in the sales process, from preparations for a process to description of the company’s strengths and values for different prospective buyers.

“We have made a broad analysis of the buyer universe and looked at both financial investors and strategic buyers, to achieve an as good result in the sales process as possible, with both satisfied sellers and buyer,” comments Thomas Karlsson, Partner at Livingstone.

The buyer is Addtech Energy, a business area within the Addtech Group. Addtech is a trading group focused on selected niches in the market for high-tech products and solutions. The Group has around 1,700 employees, turns over around SEK 5bn and has sales to more than 30 countries. Addtech acquires 80 percent of the shares in Rutab. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Paul Tapper, through Tapper Group. Closing is expected to take place in early April, 2013.

“The interest for Rutab has been good; with Addtech as new majority owner the company will benefit from important strategic and industrial competence that will allow for continued growth,” comments Thomas Karlsson.

Share this page

Stay up to date with our Newsletter